Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 24, 2017, 07:47:09 PM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

If you registered as a user but have not been approved, your email address or IP address may be listed at http://www.stopforumspam.com and was rejected.  Contact us (http://www.stecrecords.com/contact.php) if you believe this was in error.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  Need some help regarding the Programs Article for the MPX G2....and one other.. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need some help regarding the Programs Article for the MPX G2....and one other..  (Read 3734 times)
Avaloctus

keep it simple..

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 05:11:22 AM »

Hi Bob,

first of all,... happy new year

yes, some kind of spread sheet showing all parameters of every effect block would be great. Especially for thoose who aren�t into MIDI connection with their PC or MAC....

regarding your question if I have more than one device.... sorry, no,, I only have one R2 and one R1 unit. UFO told me that he got a backup R2 unit a few weeks ago,...so he�s got at least two R2s. You know him much better than i do, so maybe ask him for help.
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 12:55:24 AM »

Yeah, the Dump Tool is a Windows app.  We'll eventually have a mac version as well but a USB MIDI interface is also required. 

I like the idea of a spread sheet or something like it.  I did some work on G2 support for our tool-set this year and this kind of thing will be easy to automate when we get that code released.

If I may ask, do you have more than one device you need to back-up and restore data to? 

I'm working on wizards and other high level functionality of the Dump Tool and am wondering how important the support for multiple devices is. I have quiet a few MIDI devices in my rig but I don't know how typical this is.

Avaloctus

keep it simple..

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 02:42:18 AM »

Hi Bob,

that dump tool sounds quite good but you have to connect your MPX unit with your mac/PC, right ?

I just thought of the MPX users who haven�t hooked their unit up with a Mac or a PC.

Sure, like you said, it�d be a lot of parameters that�d have to be written down.....

Maybe there�s an opportunity to set up a spreedcheat like mask where you can enter the effect settings . Just a thought...

any ideas from some other forum members.... ?

bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »

I like the idea of sharing program settings but be warned that there can be quite a few of them; 7 effects blocks, some with as many as 10 properties. On top of that, each program can have up to 5 patches (each with a source, a source min, mid and max, and a destination also with min, mid and max values), plus the speaker simulator and routing.  Quite a lot.

Our new Dump Tool will produce a summary of a G2 dump that would be suitable for posting but later versions will include sharing of dumps. It will eventually allow you to save and share block-level presets; combinations of property settings for each algorithm.  I've been thinking that it would be cool to optionally include a little sound byte for each dump so you could preview them.
Avaloctus

keep it simple..

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »

Thanx a lot for your info Bob. I�ll try it out.
 Maybe it�d be a good Idea to set up a sticky thread where forum members can write down the settings for some good presets they want to share.
 For people who don�t have the opportunity to download the programs from the side that I mentioned in my first post, tha�d be very helpful, I guess...
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »

The programs on our MPX G2 page are MIDI SysEx dump files that can be loaded into your G2 via MIDI. Many audio recording programs provide a facility for moving SysEx data to and from your device but if you're a Windows user, our MIDI Dumptool  will do the job as well. A google search for MIDI SysEx should turn up some other alternatives.

For UFO's space bass, my guess is that he's got a pitch shifter (Effect1:Shift(M)) with a Patch to the gas/expression pedal for the interval (Tune parameter); a common Patch is to have it go up an octave in the full-position. I would guess that that is feeding one of of the modulators, perhaps a Chorus:detuner, followed by a dual delay with some cross feedback, finally feeding the reverb. He appears to be doing the fade ins with his finger but there might be a second pedal involved.  Perhaps he'll pipe in with some deets or the dump.

I should mention that we're releasing a new version of the MIDI Dumptool that will simplify sharing of these dumps as well as the process of moving them in and out of your G2. We're shooting for a January 2014 release.
Avaloctus

keep it simple..

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 04:23:53 AM »

Hi folks,

I posted this to bob Sellon and he wrote me that i�d be the best to put it up here on the forum.

I hope you can help me, ragarding two questions...

my first question�s about the Lexicon MPX G2 Programs article on the StecRecords Webside. ( http://www.stecrecords.com/?RecordId=377&search_string= )

When I open this article a list with Titles is shown. When I click on a Title, my PC asks if I�d like to open the choosen file..... It�s a .sys file and I don�t know how to open them or to use them at all. Can you help me...?

The other question�s �bout something different,.... maybe you can give me just a little hint with which Effectblocks to start and in which direction I have to search for when I want to build up a preset to get sounds similar like this,...( by the way, I�m a bass player,too.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLhOcr8K6Go&list=FLWe8vEIAVEswbpTOOPsSl4Q&feature=mh_lolz&hd=1

I�d be very glad if somebody�d help me with this....

The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  Need some help regarding the Programs Article for the MPX G2....and one other.. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: