Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 21, 2017, 10:00:43 PM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Check out our new MPX G2 Help Panel.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  recalling prog ch #īs higher than 250...? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: recalling prog ch #īs higher than 250...?  (Read 2469 times)
rudomat

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »

I just double checked the MPX G2 MIDI Implementation doc and a controller 0 value of 2 followed by a program change of 51 should load 251. It could be that the G2 is not in the "Sort programs by Number" mode. "Show members of MIDI Maps" and "Show members of Program Chains" have special handling. Program - Options.
it is in sort by numbers mode...;-)
thanks
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »

I just double checked the MPX G2 MIDI Implementation doc and a controller 0 value of 2 followed by a program change of 51 should load 251. It could be that the G2 is not in the "Sort programs by Number" mode. "Show members of MIDI Maps" and "Show members of Program Chains" have special handling. Program - Options.
rudomat

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »

There are actually a couple of ways of selecting the user programs via midi. The easiest is probably using MIDI Maps. We have a MIDI Map tutorial that breaks it out pretty well and is a good place to start. The basic idea is that you "map" program change numbers to programs on the G2. There is even a Learn mode which makes the MIDI Maps even easier to use.

You can also just set the G2 for "Sort programs by Number" and send it a bank number (Continuous Controller 0 and 32) followed by a Program Change between 0 and 99. The bank sets the hundreds and the program number is an offset for that so you'd send CC0 with a value of 2 followed by PC 51 to get program 251. Note that not all foot pedals support banks.

You select the Sort mode from the Program mode by pressing the Options button and turning the big knob.
thanks bob! i can do it using midi maps...i canīt do it with cc#0 with value 2 followed by prog ch #51 though...it ignores the hundreds and only recalls 51 on the g2...iīm using a g lab gsc5...(i actually did watch to have cc#īs sent first, followed by the prog ch #īs and not vice versa...!)
anybody knows about problems with that unit...?
thanks a lot,
rudi
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 02:05:12 PM »

There are actually a couple of ways of selecting the user programs via midi. The easiest is probably using MIDI Maps. We have a MIDI Map tutorial that breaks it out pretty well and is a good place to start. The basic idea is that you "map" program change numbers to programs on the G2. There is even a Learn mode which makes the MIDI Maps even easier to use.

You can also just set the G2 for "Sort programs by Number" and send it a bank number (Continuous Controller 0 and 32) followed by a Program Change between 0 and 99. The bank sets the hundreds and the program number is an offset for that so you'd send CC0 with a value of 2 followed by PC 51 to get program 251. Note that not all foot pedals support banks.

You select the Sort mode from the Program mode by pressing the Options button and turning the big knob.   
rudomat

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 01:33:12 PM »

hi!
and one more...: isnīt it possible to have my midi controller recall user programs #251 and higher...?
thanks a lot,
rudi
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  recalling prog ch #īs higher than 250...? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: