Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 21, 2017, 09:59:01 PM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Check out our new MPX G2 Help Panel.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  tips for working through presets... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tips for working through presets...  (Read 2460 times)
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:26 AM »

This is our MPX G2 Programs Page.

rudomat

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:39:59 PM »

For the second question, I'm not aware of any g2 dumps out there beyond the ones I've posted
where did you post them...?
thanks,
rudi
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:42:01 PM by rudomat » Logged
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 07:54:53 PM »

I guess I'm not sure exactly sure what you're asking on the first question but it sounds like you're asking if there is a way of conforming the presets to a custom configuration.  If that is the question, the answer is yes and no. Under the System, the very last menu is "Global Effects". Global Effects are ignored on program load so, for instance you could use the same reverb with all the programs; effectively a live reverb only (you can't selectively use Global Effects on a per-program basis. All or nothing for a given effect). Now that I look at that again I see that it's limited to Sim Mode, Gate Mode, Reverb and Bypass Mode. So I guess the answer is more no than yes.

You can also use "Tap ms" as the Units (Options - button) for the Delay "Time" property. With Tap ms you can have a preset delay time but press the tap button at any time to update it (I think this answers the question you had in your email).

For the second question, I'm not aware of any g2 dumps out there beyond the ones I've posted, but that is something our new DumpTool does; allows you to share your dumps.  I'm running very low on January at this point so it's looking more like February for a beta. It's a pretty major overhaul to the app as well as the whole StecRecords.com site so there are a good many things that can, and do, go wrong. I'm currently working on a wizard system to walk you through common tasks such as backing up your programs or moving programs around. I've got the old-style DumpTool functionality working on the new platform but the interface is just too tecky so I'm reorganizing it based on tasks instead of features.
rudomat

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »

hi Bob,
I'll use my mpx g2 for fx only...from my amps' line out (after power amp) into the rear line input, speaker sim on, into del, rev, etc. into fx amp...
now presets 1-250 are pretty much useless for these needs...is there a fast way (globally) to make them work for my needs to be able to work me through these presets...?
are there actually shared userpresets available somewhere in the net...?
thanks a lot!
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  tips for working through presets... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: