Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 23, 2017, 12:47:30 PM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Check out our new MPX G2 Help Panel.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  overall master volume..? (analog and digital summed) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: overall master volume..? (analog and digital summed)  (Read 1908 times)
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 05:33:59 PM »

1. can I store the main output level

No.

2. in the edit>mix>post menu, the post mix parameter sets the relation between dry analog signal (yellow marked below) and the digital wet signal, right?

No. It sets the mix before the D/A.

3.a. what does the post level in this same menu do? is then it just influences the whole digital signal path, right?

Yes and yes.

Also, please, one question per line.
3.b.  I needed this parameter after the analog and digital signal is merged together for real master volume in the end? how could I achieve that?

You have to use the FX Loop mode.  I don't know of any other way.  this the red marked post level below?
rudomat

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:06:06 PM »

...If you need to save the levels in the program, use the post-level control.  The post-level controls the overall output level from the second DSP stage. 
..but the post level control does not control the summed analog plus digital path, right? so is there no way within the g2 to store different main volume levels meaning the whole signal that gets sent to the power amp (for overall solo boosts...the same as the output knob on the front panel i guess...) ?

if you use the g2 like me in parallel insert mode in an amps´ seriell fx loop, then the fx are not really so loud...to boost only the digital path is worthless for my aim...
thanks bob!
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »

The statement "Signals inserted into the MPS G2 rear panel Return jacks(s) are passed through the level control and selectable speaker simulator, then split in parallel -- through the post-gain DSP path and mixed with the main and headphone outputs. " on page 5-4 of the manual is suspicious to me. I think that the dry path gets mixed with the output of the converter just before the output level control (which is NOT saved in the program) but goes around the post dsp. You can see this in the Post-Gain Path diagram on page 1-10 of the user's guide.   

If you need to save the levels in the program, use the post-level control.  The post-level controls the overall output level from the second DSP stage. 

Please note that you refer to a diagram that is not present.  If it is from the users guide just specify the page number.  Here's the guide: http://www.stecrecords.com/gear/mpxg2/doc/MPX_G2.pdf
rudomat

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 06:47:20 AM »

i´m using the unit in a guitar amps´ seriell fx loop, with the system>insert mode>parallel setting on the mpx g2.
1.   can I store the main output level (analog dry+digital wet summed/green marked in the diagram below) per preset and have it patched? where in the menu can I find this parameter?
2.   in the edit>mix>post menu, the post mix parameter sets the relation between dry analog signal (yellow marked below) and the digital wet signal, right?
3.   what does the post level in this same menu do? is this the red marked post level below? then it just influences the whole digital signal path, right? I needed this parameter after the analog and digital signal is merged together for real master volume in the end? how could I achieve that?

sorry.....can´t attach the diagram, but it´s the diagram from the manual on page 1-10
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:09:39 PM by rudomat » Logged
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  overall master volume..? (analog and digital summed) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: