Hello, everyone. An update on my issue. As referenced in my previous message, I gave Advanced Musical Electronics a go to see if they would be able to determine if I had done some damage to the unit that I didn't have the sophistication to divine. I enclosed a note detailing my effort to replace the board batter and requested the inspection begin there to eliminate the possibility that I may have made a bad solder joint, damaged the board in that region, etc. This is a request I reiterated each time I contacted AME and was assured it was being considered. In the end, I was told that there was no way to repair the unit that would be cost effective. I paid the return shipping. When I got it back, I opened the case and saw no change to the battery I had installed. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I removed the old (new) battery and checked it's voltage which came in at a bit less than 2.9v. I had a spare battery that checked in at something like 3.28v. In the battery storage area of the board, there appeared to be a secondary location for installing a replacement battery with closer pin spacing. I carefully bent the pins of the new battery to match and installed it in the board. It started up and allowed me to run all of the user diagnostic tests, re-initialize the system as laid out in the user's manual, and has since behaved as if it were a new unit. The last test I will be performing today is ensuring I can store a user preset and have it retained after power-down.
The only negative in the deal is that, thinking I was not going to have a usable G2, I now own an eventide H9 Max, and EH Cathedral. (SCORE - More is better!!) I'm hoping they all play well, together. More options than I'll be able to control well, probably, but I'll go down swinging.