Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 24, 2017, 07:19:50 AM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Notice - We are experiencing problems with our online registration system.  For now, you can register by sending us a message using our contact form (be sure to include a preferred user name).
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  Midi controller for G2 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Midi controller for G2  (Read 1266 times)
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 10:40:24 AM »

> So, I can put my external power supply +9vDC to the "REMOTE POWER IN" of the G2 and it will be sending this +9v by the "REMOTE/IN" to my foot controller. Please, correct if I'm wrong.

That is correct. Neither of these is connected to the internal G2 power supplies.
Slavikator

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 02:44:12 AM »

I thought that the "REMOTE POWER IN"  and the "REMOTE/IN" on the G2 are sending 9v from the own power supply of the G2. That is where I'm wrong.

So, I can put my external power supply +9vDC to the "REMOTE POWER IN" of the G2 and it will be sending this +9v by the "REMOTE/IN" to my foot controller. Please, correct if I'm wrong.
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 10:35:43 PM »

> It requires +9v DC  to pin6 on the remote connector 7din. G2 have 9v AC on the 6,7 pins. Not compatible or I am wrong?

The connection between the "REMOTE POWER IN" on the G2 to the "REMOTE/IN" connector is isolated from the other circuitry in the G2 so AC or DC can be sent. You WILL need to make sure that the + and - pins are correct and, of course, that you have the correct connector on your wall wart (power supply) but otherwise it should work.
Slavikator

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 10:15:05 AM »

There is the footcontroller -   http://www.spheremusic.com/userimages/Img13259-5.jpg
Only two option for connecting - "remote" and "marge in".  This controller has no connector for power supply.  Only the option is +9vDC to the 6/7 pin of the "remote" midi connector.

Mpx G2 has "remote" 7pin midi connector    http://fpat.free.fr/Lexicon/PICT8006.jpg
But the multimeter doesn't show +9vDC on the 6/7 pins. It shows something like ~ 4.5vAC but nothing in DC.

How can I connect this controller to my G2?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 12:49:16 PM by Slavikator » Logged
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »

The G2 just passes the signals on the rear panel wall-wart connector over to the midi connector so it might actually work. You could just check the voltage on 6 and 7 before connecting it to the FC900 to make sure it went through.
Slavikator

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 11:03:24 AM »

I have Yamaha FC900 midi foot controller. It requires +9v DC  to pin6 on the remote connector 7din. G2 have 9v AC on the 6,7 pins. Not compatible or I am wrong?
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  Midi controller for G2 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: