Stec Records Forum

Tools to make music

News: We are back.  We've updated the look of the forum with a new "theme" that works better on mobile devices. Also note that we check all new user requests for spam violations. If you believe you have been rejected unfairly please contact us and we will attempt to resolve it with you.  - Stecrew

Midi controller for G2 (Read 1385 times)

• Administrator
  • Chief Administrator
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#6 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 09, 2016, 11:40:24 AM
> So, I can put my external power supply +9vDC to the "REMOTE POWER IN" of the G2 and it will be sending this +9v by the "REMOTE/IN" to my foot controller. Please, correct if I'm wrong.

That is correct. Neither of these is connected to the internal G2 power supplies.

• unregistered visitor
#5 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 09, 2016, 03:44:12 AM
I thought that the "REMOTE POWER IN"  and the "REMOTE/IN" on the G2 are sending 9v from the own power supply of the G2. That is where I'm wrong.

So, I can put my external power supply +9vDC to the "REMOTE POWER IN" of the G2 and it will be sending this +9v by the "REMOTE/IN" to my foot controller. Please, correct if I'm wrong.

• Administrator
  • Chief Administrator
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#4 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 07, 2016, 11:35:43 PM
> It requires +9v DC  to pin6 on the remote connector 7din. G2 have 9v AC on the 6,7 pins. Not compatible or I am wrong?

The connection between the "REMOTE POWER IN" on the G2 to the "REMOTE/IN" connector is isolated from the other circuitry in the G2 so AC or DC can be sent. You WILL need to make sure that the + and - pins are correct and, of course, that you have the correct connector on your wall wart (power supply) but otherwise it should work.

• unregistered visitor
#3 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 04, 2016, 11:15:05 AM
There is the footcontroller -   http://www.spheremusic.com/userimages/Img13259-5.jpg
Only two option for connecting - "remote" and "marge in".  This controller has no connector for power supply.  Only the option is +9vDC to the 6/7 pin of the "remote" midi connector.

Mpx G2 has "remote" 7pin midi connector    http://fpat.free.fr/Lexicon/PICT8006.jpg
But the multimeter doesn't show +9vDC on the 6/7 pins. It shows something like ~ 4.5vAC but nothing in DC.

How can I connect this controller to my G2?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:49:16 PM by Slavikator »

• Administrator
  • Chief Administrator
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#2 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 03, 2016, 06:24:52 PM
The G2 just passes the signals on the rear panel wall-wart connector over to the midi connector so it might actually work. You could just check the voltage on 6 and 7 before connecting it to the FC900 to make sure it went through.

• unregistered visitor
#1 Midi controller for G2
September 03, 2016, 12:03:24 PM
I have Yamaha FC900 midi foot controller. It requires +9v DC  to pin6 on the remote connector 7din. G2 have 9v AC on the 6,7 pins. Not compatible or I am wrong?