Stec Records Forum

Tools to make music

News: Note that we've improved the security of the forum by enhancing the sign up form.

Midi controller for G2 (Read 2230 times)

• Administrator
  • Chief Administrator
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#6 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 09, 2016, 11:40:24 AM
> So, I can put my external power supply +9vDC to the "REMOTE POWER IN" of the G2 and it will be sending this +9v by the "REMOTE/IN" to my foot controller. Please, correct if I'm wrong.

That is correct. Neither of these is connected to the internal G2 power supplies.

• unregistered visitor
#5 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 09, 2016, 03:44:12 AM
I thought that the "REMOTE POWER IN"  and the "REMOTE/IN" on the G2 are sending 9v from the own power supply of the G2. That is where I'm wrong.

So, I can put my external power supply +9vDC to the "REMOTE POWER IN" of the G2 and it will be sending this +9v by the "REMOTE/IN" to my foot controller. Please, correct if I'm wrong.

• Administrator
  • Chief Administrator
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#4 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 07, 2016, 11:35:43 PM
> It requires +9v DC  to pin6 on the remote connector 7din. G2 have 9v AC on the 6,7 pins. Not compatible or I am wrong?

The connection between the "REMOTE POWER IN" on the G2 to the "REMOTE/IN" connector is isolated from the other circuitry in the G2 so AC or DC can be sent. You WILL need to make sure that the + and - pins are correct and, of course, that you have the correct connector on your wall wart (power supply) but otherwise it should work.

• unregistered visitor
#3 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 04, 2016, 11:15:05 AM
There is the footcontroller -   http://www.spheremusic.com/userimages/Img13259-5.jpg
Only two option for connecting - "remote" and "marge in".  This controller has no connector for power supply.  Only the option is +9vDC to the 6/7 pin of the "remote" midi connector.

Mpx G2 has "remote" 7pin midi connector    http://fpat.free.fr/Lexicon/PICT8006.jpg
But the multimeter doesn't show +9vDC on the 6/7 pins. It shows something like ~ 4.5vAC but nothing in DC.

How can I connect this controller to my G2?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:49:16 PM by Slavikator »

• Administrator
  • Chief Administrator
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#2 Re: Midi controller for G2
September 03, 2016, 06:24:52 PM
The G2 just passes the signals on the rear panel wall-wart connector over to the midi connector so it might actually work. You could just check the voltage on 6 and 7 before connecting it to the FC900 to make sure it went through.

• unregistered visitor
#1 Midi controller for G2
September 03, 2016, 12:03:24 PM
I have Yamaha FC900 midi foot controller. It requires +9v DC  to pin6 on the remote connector 7din. G2 have 9v AC on the 6,7 pins. Not compatible or I am wrong?