Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 24, 2017, 08:05:39 PM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Check out our new MPX G2 Help Panel.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  Creating Tap Tempo for MPX G2 delay on MPX R1 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Creating Tap Tempo for MPX G2 delay on MPX R1  (Read 1243 times)
efoster

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 10:09:20 PM »

Bob,

That was the ticket!  Great memory.  Works as advertised.

Thanks, again, for your generosity with your time.

e
efoster

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 10:47:21 AM »

Thanks, again, I'll try that out.  I'm playing with an orchestra, soon, so will need to be able to track along with the conductor and any last minute tempo changes at points when the delayed parts are highlighted.  In the end, close enough will be close enough. 

Really appreciate the help.  I'll report how it goes.  It sure has flummoxed me and I haven't been able to find anything in the manual that explains it well enough for me to 'get it'. 

Happy Halloween.

Ed
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 05:59:03 PM »

I think that you probably need to set the Delay parameter OPTION to "echos:beat" which connects it to the main tempo system (I don't have a G2 handy so this is from memory).  Same goes for the Rate parameters including the LFOs in the Controls. I'm pretty sure that the tempo LED only flashes if tempo is being used somewhere.

You can also change the basic behavior of the Tap in the Tempo row (I think that's the name of the row) including setting the Beat Value to larger values which, in my experience, yield more precise programming of the tempo using the Tap button. The theory is that there is a lot of accumulated error in the precision of the tap event due to scan rate of the buttons, button mechanics and the accuracy of your foot so you reduce that by taking a longer measurement and dividing it by the number of beats.  I've found that one or two measures is best. 
efoster

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 03:48:39 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Bob.  I checked my delay parameters and it is already set to Tap MS.  However, the tap light still isn't blinking on the G2 or the R1 and I don't have tap control of the time parameter.  I am able to assign delay mix and level to the gas pedal and I also have an A/B that cuts the delay but lets it ring when EQ is on.  So, patching is working, in general.  Is there a corresponding patch I need to set up to link the tap button?  I have been able to set up a patch with Auto Learn for the tap button as the destination.  The source values (max, min)  both say 0, though, so I may not have it set up correctly because even with that, no workie.

Thanks,

Ed
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 11:28:34 PM »

The tap feature for delays is enabled by setting the OPTION on the Delay parameter to Tap MS. You load a preset with a delay, click Edit, click Delay then navigate to the Delay parameter and press the OPTION button. I'm not aware of a way of doing this on a global level so you need to make this change on all of your user presets.
efoster

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 01:20:50 PM »

Anyone have any tips for how to create tap tempo functionality in a user created preset?  I have tried copying patches from programs that have this functionality in the digital delay block, but don't see an assignment in patches that seems to correspond.  I have been able to successfully create patches that control delay mix and level on the gas pedal, but the tap tempo eludes me for some reason.  Also curious if this can somehow be set up as a global control for all delay/echo effects.

Edit: In the end, the state I'm trying to achieve is with the Delay (M) program loaded in my preset to have the Tempo lights on the device front and the R1 blinking and controllable by the TAP button. 

Learning Every Day.

Thanks,

Ed
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:08:33 PM by efoster » Logged
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  Creating Tap Tempo for MPX G2 delay on MPX R1 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: