Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 20, 2017, 10:33:00 PM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

If you registered as a user but have not been approved, your email address or IP address may be listed at http://www.stopforumspam.com and was rejected.  Contact us (http://www.stecrecords.com/contact.php) if you believe this was in error.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  MPX G2 and buffers « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MPX G2 and buffers  (Read 851 times)
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 01:46:10 AM »

What are you adding the buffers for? Signal level or tone? If the buffer is going to be affecting the tone, you might want to keep it in front of any reverb and delays though a distorted echo on a clean guitar can be interesting. 
efoster

unregistered visitor

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »

I'm considering adding at least one outboard buffer pedal to my setup which is currently:

guitar --> aby splitter ==> output 1 to L side of stereo volume pedal --> Dry Amp
                                         output 2 to R side of stereo volume pedal --> Tease wah pedal --> ProCo rat --> G2 input --> Wet Amp input
                                                                                                                  Wet Amp FX Loop --> Eventide H9 --> Ehx Cathedral --> G2
                                                                                                                        --> Wet Amp FX Loop Return

I have read in some of the G2 manuals about buffers already included in the circuits and am curious if they are already doing the job I'm wanting done on the G2 side of the house.  If not, this would leave me (I'm thinking) with options of a buffer post G2 into the FX Loop return or a buffer pre G2 guitar input.  I'm trying to figure out how to get it into a support position in the signal chain that would allow me to keep it out of the way of the Fuzz circuits or other front end effects with which it may not play well.  It takes a lot of cable to get this done, and my tone is a tad dark, so I'd like to address it and leave my self the option of going dark when I want to, not because I've sucked all the treble out of my tone with my chain.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ed
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:55:16 PM by efoster » Logged
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  MPX G2 and buffers « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: