Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 22, 2017, 11:46:06 PM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

Notice - We are experiencing problems with our online registration system.  For now, you can register by sending us a message using our contact form (be sure to include a preferred user name).
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  Eprom Upgrade « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eprom Upgrade  (Read 14172 times)
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 09:10:46 AM »

I just wanted to let everyone know that we made an inquiry to Lexicon/Harmon about licensing the MPX G2 V1.1 part to sell but did not get a reply so we've discontinued offering it. Please make all inquires for acquiring the part to the Lexicon/Harmon customer service department.
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »

The burner I use is the "True-USB PRO GQ-4X Willem Programmer" :  http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4312
I think that the "Full" pack comes with the wall wart which is needed for some chips but not the 29F040 used in the G2 (still worth the few bucks extra so you don't have to get one later).

For the 27C256 parts used R1 you also need an UV eraser like this: http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3204

The 29F040 is electronically erasable so the UV eraser is not needed for the G2 update. 

A little off-topic but here is a link to a replacement battery for the G2:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/CR-2032%2FVCN/P660-ND/2404065

Be sure to back up your programs before replacing the battery. We have a new app coming out for this but our existing "DumpTool" for Windows will do the job: http://www.stecrecords.com/?RecordId=372.
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:16 AM »

Actually, the chip is the AM29F040-90PC (as read from one of my spare chips).
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »

Please note that the 29F40 is flash chip was used on computer motherboards for a while so they are stocked by some computer repair shops for firmware.  If you put the following file on a usb memory stick or send them a link to this page, they can just burn you a chip like they would for any other firmware update: http://www.stecrecords.com/gear/mpxg2/software/v1_1/Bbr0110.bin

bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »

I don't see anything on the Lexicon site for it. I've got a note here to myself to grab the image from the various pedals but haven't gotten to it. I'll see if we can make that available this week.
Sunburst59

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 04:19:04 PM »

Thanks Bob, just placed an order ($15 Priority Mail will work out fine).

Will I need to upgrade my R1 foot controller and if so do you know where I can obtain the upgrade for the R1?

Thanks for your help ~ much appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:07:35 AM by Sunburst59 » Logged
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 08:33:57 PM »

From Stec Records sales:

We use USPS (Post Office)USPS.com

International Shipping rates for Great Britain are:
6-10 Days = $15.00 Priority Mail
3-5 Days = $35.00 Express Mail
1-3 Days = $65.00 Global Express Mail Fed Ex by the Post Office
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »

Coming from the US, I'm pretty sure it will be via the air but I'll check. It usually only takes a couple days to arrive. Are you looking for it to arrive quicker?
Sunburst59

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 04:50:06 AM »

Thank you.  I'll be placing and order.  Is it possible when I place an order (I'm in the UK) to ask for air rater than surface mail, more than happy to pay the extra if it is more than the standard $15 charge?
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:03 PM »

Ye. That is probably the most important new feature of the upgrade (for me anyway). In V1.10 they added an option to the Mix parameter that allows it to be changed into a dry level parameter. Now you can tweak the level of the effect to match the bypassed level. This was a huge flaw in the original firmware. 
Sunburst59

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 11:59:56 AM »

Thanks for the quick answer.

One more  question, at the moement (V1) when I select delay I get a noticable drop in the level of the patch, will the V1.10 upgrade allow me to adjust the level (using the mix function) so that I don't get the drop when delay in engaged?

Many thanks
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »

We use flat rate shipping with USPS (Post Office) $10 US and $15 International. I'm not sure if it's air or surface. Probably depends on where it's going. Get the latest info here: Lexicon MPX G2 Software Upgrades
Keith
Lexicon Repairs
Administrator

Stec Records Forum PD

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 05:34:31 PM »

Looking into this for you

Mapex Pro M Maple standard, Pearl 800 series cymbal stands, Vex hi hat stand, Pearl P201P double bass pedals, Tama mid level throne, All Zildjian A cymbals, 21" Rock Ride, 18" med thin crash, 16" med thin crash, 10" splash, 14" new beat hi hats.
Sunburst59

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 05:38:57 PM »

Hi there, could you tell me how much the eprom upgrade to V1.10 is including postage to the UK, and is the postage surface mail or air mail?
Many thanks
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  MPX G2  |  Eprom Upgrade « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: