Stec Records Forum - Discussions about software and hardware used to make music.
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest.

Login with username, password and session length

November 20, 2017, 10:28:47 PM
logo
gfxgfx
gfxgfx

If you registered as a user but have not been approved, your email address or IP address may be listed at http://www.stopforumspam.com and was rejected.  Contact us (http://www.stecrecords.com/contact.php) if you believe this was in error.
gfxgfx

gfx* Home Help Search Calendar Login Registergfx
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  Vortex (Lexicon)  |  Vortex mission « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vortex mission  (Read 2309 times)
bsellon
Chief Administrator
Administrator

Time reveals truth.

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 02:33:53 PM »

Sorry, I don't have any source code for the Vortex. I did not work on that project but there might be a memory space limitation on the main 21xx chip that runs the show. You'll want to look at the data sheet for the chip to be sure before spending any more time on the project.

For code, you could just disassemble the contents of the ROM. I'm pretty sure it was all assembly language so it might be readable with the right IDE. That will at least get you the right mechanics of the code (without any names).  Of course, you'll also have to get hold of the build tools (assembler/linker), a ROM burner, a ROM eraser, a ROM Emulator or some kind of embedded debugger.  I'm not aware of JTAG debuggers for the 21xx chips but it's worth getting if available.

To me, this seems like a big project but you will certainly learn a lot in the process.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:35:32 PM by bsellon » Logged
loopman

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 05:48:07 AM »

Hi Bob, do you have the original source code of the Vortex' DSP? I'm trying to do an (im)possible thing and  it would be a whole lot easier if I would have it,
Let me know, it's very important for me...

Thank you very much and All my Best
The Stec Records Forum  |  Audio Gear  |  Vortex (Lexicon)  |  Vortex mission « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Jump to: