Stec Records Forum

Tools to make music

News: Note that we check all new user requests for spam violations. If you believe you have been rejected unfairly please contact us and we will attempt to resolve it with you. - Stecrew

Mapex Drums (Read 2982 times)

• Administrator
  • Lexicon Repairs
  • Stec Records Forum PD
    • The Jukeyard
#1 Mapex Drums
June 01, 2010, 05:05:53 PM
I had played on a Slingerland set for years then a Ludwig set. When it came time to shop for a new set I came across a left over 2008 model year Mapex Pro M all american maple 7 ply series kit marked down to a great price. I was a bit skeptical getting a product made in China, but they got great reviews and they are one of the only companies over there that are ISO certified. When the kit arrived I started looking it over and was pretty impressed with the quality of the shells, hardware, and finish. When I got them set up and tuned I was really pleased with the sound these drums put out. It is obvious they are trying to make a run at the big boys and from what I see with this kit they will succeed. It comes with Remo heads that I will swap out for Aquarian performance drum heads on the toms to get some of the ring out and use moon gel to get them to where I want. For more info on Mapex drums visit their site. Maypex A note here I have heard that Mapex bought Sonor out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 06:50:29 PM by Keith »
Mapex Pro M Maple standard, Pearl 800 series cymbal stands, Vex hi hat stand, Pearl P201P double bass pedals, Tama mid level throne, All Zildjian A cymbals, 21" Rock Ride, 18" med thin crash, 16" med thin crash, 10" splash, 14" new beat hi hats.