Stec Records Forum

Tools to make music

News: We are back.  We've updated the look of the forum with a new "theme" that works better on mobile devices. Also note that we check all new user requests for spam violations. If you believe you have been rejected unfairly please contact us and we will attempt to resolve it with you.  - Stecrew

LXP1 & other obsolete units (Read 3869 times)

• Administrator
  • Lexicon Repairs
  • Stec Records Forum PD
    • The Jukeyard
#3 Re: LXP1 & other obsolete units
February 22, 2012, 09:49:12 PM
I have been through quite a few LXP's the 2 problems that seem to plague them most is bad pots and bad opamps.
Mapex Pro M Maple standard, Pearl 800 series cymbal stands, Vex hi hat stand, Pearl P201P double bass pedals, Tama mid level throne, All Zildjian A cymbals, 21" Rock Ride, 18" med thin crash, 16" med thin crash, 10" splash, 14" new beat hi hats.

#2 Re: LXP1 & other obsolete units
February 03, 2012, 02:51:02 PM
Hi
I have a question about my LXP 1 unit.

So the unit works great and all, its the USA version, and all presets are fine.
However, since I have it, I found a strange thing: Every time I try to change the position of the delay and/or decay knobs, their true values immediately drops to its minimal (almost no decay and no delay), no matter what is the current preset and position.
My only solution is to change the preset, lets say go from Hall to Plate, and than back to Hall, and I can hear the original parameters of the presets.

I've opened up the unit, nothing seems to be disconnected or anything, and no burn marks on the card.

I also saw in another forum that someone has the exact same problem.

Any thought regarding that strange issue?
Thank you!
SharĂ³n

• Administrator
  • Lexicon Repairs
  • Stec Records Forum PD
    • The Jukeyard
#1 LXP1 & other obsolete units
March 20, 2011, 10:11:13 PM
I have a dead LXP1 here. It has a problem that may not be repairable due to a huge problem that will and can affect many Lexicon products.

Lexicon had many parts custom made for their products. These parts are no longer available through Lexicon. If you go to the Lexicon site and look at the list of products they are making or made in the past, the ones marked "no longer supported".

We have found the only way to get replacement parts would be to contact a manufacturer and they would quote you a price on the parts, but a minimum order would have to be something like 5,000 pieces.   

Some of these parts include encoders and concentric pots. In the LXP1 I found a part (the best I can describe it) is a tri sectional oscillator crystal trim pot. I know that sounds like a mouth full but the point is after spending many hours looking for something similar no luck. 

In some cases we may be able to come up with work around ways to do a repair to keep the unit up and running but in some cases this is not possible. In this case the unit would be fatally broken.

We will do our very best to find work arounds and reproduction parts to help everyone keep their units up and running.
Mapex Pro M Maple standard, Pearl 800 series cymbal stands, Vex hi hat stand, Pearl P201P double bass pedals, Tama mid level throne, All Zildjian A cymbals, 21" Rock Ride, 18" med thin crash, 16" med thin crash, 10" splash, 14" new beat hi hats.