Stec Records Forum

Tools to make music

News: We are back.  We've updated the look of the forum with a new "theme" that works better on mobile devices. Also note that we check all new user requests for spam violations. If you believe you have been rejected unfairly please contact us and we will attempt to resolve it with you.  - Stecrew

Vortex mission (Read 2878 times)

• Administrator
  • Chief Administrator
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#2 Re: Vortex mission
March 19, 2012, 03:33:53 PM
Sorry, I don't have any source code for the Vortex. I did not work on that project but there might be a memory space limitation on the main 21xx chip that runs the show. You'll want to look at the data sheet for the chip to be sure before spending any more time on the project.

For code, you could just disassemble the contents of the ROM. I'm pretty sure it was all assembly language so it might be readable with the right IDE. That will at least get you the right mechanics of the code (without any names).  Of course, you'll also have to get hold of the build tools (assembler/linker), a ROM burner, a ROM eraser, a ROM Emulator or some kind of embedded debugger.  I'm not aware of JTAG debuggers for the 21xx chips but it's worth getting if available.

To me, this seems like a big project but you will certainly learn a lot in the process.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:35:32 PM by bsellon »

#1 Vortex mission
March 15, 2012, 06:48:07 AM
Hi Bob, do you have the original source code of the Vortex' DSP? I'm trying to do an (im)possible thing and  it would be a whole lot easier if I would have it,
Let me know, it's very important for me...

Thank you very much and All my Best