Stec Records Forum

Tools to make music

News: We are back.  We've updated the look of the forum with a new "theme" that works better on mobile devices. Also note that we check all new user requests for spam violations. If you believe you have been rejected unfairly please contact us and we will attempt to resolve it with you.  - Stecrew

MPX G2 and buffers (Read 1352 times)

• Administrator
  • Chief Administrator
  • Time reveals truth.
    • Bob Sellon's Home Page
#2 Re: MPX G2 and buffers
November 15, 2016, 01:46:10 AM
What are you adding the buffers for? Signal level or tone? If the buffer is going to be affecting the tone, you might want to keep it in front of any reverb and delays though a distorted echo on a clean guitar can be interesting. 

• unregistered visitor
#1 MPX G2 and buffers
November 08, 2016, 12:53:38 PM
I'm considering adding at least one outboard buffer pedal to my setup which is currently:

guitar --> aby splitter ==> output 1 to L side of stereo volume pedal --> Dry Amp
                                         output 2 to R side of stereo volume pedal --> Tease wah pedal --> ProCo rat --> G2 input --> Wet Amp input
                                                                                                                  Wet Amp FX Loop --> Eventide H9 --> Ehx Cathedral --> G2
                                                                                                                        --> Wet Amp FX Loop Return

I have read in some of the G2 manuals about buffers already included in the circuits and am curious if they are already doing the job I'm wanting done on the G2 side of the house.  If not, this would leave me (I'm thinking) with options of a buffer post G2 into the FX Loop return or a buffer pre G2 guitar input.  I'm trying to figure out how to get it into a support position in the signal chain that would allow me to keep it out of the way of the Fuzz circuits or other front end effects with which it may not play well.  It takes a lot of cable to get this done, and my tone is a tad dark, so I'd like to address it and leave my self the option of going dark when I want to, not because I've sucked all the treble out of my tone with my chain.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ed
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:55:16 PM by efoster »